Mountain Trail Running • Cross 8.9 km
Sunday, 10 Sept 2023, 11:00 AM
- Total distance: 8.9 km
- Total ascent / descent: 420 m
- Maximum altitude: 1145 m
- Average altitude: 952 m
- Minimum altitude: 861 m
- Longest ascent: 290 m
- Longest descent: 290 m
- Time limit Finish: 3.5H
- Posts: Checkpoint (1), Water (1), Revitalization (0)
- Cheia, Prahova (RO)
- Sunday, 10 Sept 2023, 11:00 AM
|Race||1 March - 13 March||14 March - 31 May||1 June - 1 Sept|
|Cross Kaufland||20 Euro||24 Euro||28 Euro|
|Cross Family by IconLab
• 2 persons
• 3 persons
• 4 persons
• 5 persons
- GPS tracks are informative and do not replace the guidance on terrain. Both watches and other GPS devices may show errors caused by antenna sensitivity, sky coverage, radio interference etc.
|Post *||Location||Type||Alt. [m]||Dist. from the Start [km]||Dist. to the Finish [km]|
|Start||Cheia||Start||883 m||0 km||9 km|
|P1||Sub Stâna||1142 m||3 km||5.5 km|
|P2||Forestier Babeș||950 m||4.5 km||4 km|
|Finish||Cheia||Finish||883 m||9 km||0 km|
- Posts: - Checkpoint | - Water | - Revitalization | - Direction
The exact location and numbers of checkpoints and aid stations can change, depending on the weather and/or access possibilities when marking the course. Any changes will be communicated at the technical meeting prior to the start of the race.
- Cross Kaufland - this is the individual event of the Cross race.
- Cross Family by IconLab - this is the Family event of the Cross race. The family that participates consists of 2 to 5 people, at least one of whom must be over 18. All 2-5 members must be related (parents, children, grandparents, cousins, etc).
- The route begins at the Start and climbs the slope to the forest, similar to the Half Marathon and The Ridge trials.
- At this point we enter the dirt road and go down to the gate of Cheia Monastery, then follow the road downhill, intersect the main entrance road to Cheia, keep slightly right and climb the first forest road to Babeș.
- After crossing the barrier, we enter the road that turns left and climb it for about 300 m, then climb up a track that becomes a slight path that gets lost in the forest.
- After another 100 m, we reach a small ridge where we cross an obvious road. From here, we follow the ridge to the right and after 100 m we intersect The Ridge trail, continue along the ridge to the point where we turn around and a technical descent of about a kilometre follows.
- After going downhill, we follow a paved forest road for about 50 m, then we enter a dirt road that crosses 2 small valleys through the forest and intersects the forest road below.
- From here we go along the forest road until we cross the blue triangle trail coming from Cheiței gap.
- The forest road turns left and after about 2 km we pass by Zăganu Hotel, then continue for another 500 m until we see a bridge that crosses the Cheia river. After that, we climb steadily but briefly until we reach a path that leads us to the forest road that connects the end of the Cheia resort to DN-1A. From here, we go downhill until the asphalt road, then we continue to the right on the concrete road that goes around Cheia to the Start/ Finish point.
Parteneri și Sponsori:
We send you the Ciucaș X3 news on WhatsApp.
How do you subscribe?
- Save the number +40721.315.285 in your phonebook with the name CiucasX3.
- Send the message: "I want the CiucasX3 newsletter", on WhatsApp, to this number.
- From time to time, you will receive from us, the latest news, information about fees, schedule etc.
- If you are not happy with this, you can send us the message "STOP" at any time and your phone number will be deleted from our database.
Send us a message using the attached contact form, call us or send an email, and we will reply to you shortly.
Ciucaș Rock-Climbing and Tourism Club Ploiești
Monday - Friday
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Ion Luca Caragiale 21,
100015 Ploiești, Prahova
Alexandra STATE: +40742.207.010
Registration & Volunteers Info:
Ruxandra TĂNASE: +0774.992.816
Octavian Andrei IVANOV: +40755.211.731