Mountain Trail Running • The Ridge 38.7 km
Saturday, 10 Sept 2022, 9:30 AM
- Total distance: 38.7 km
- Total ascent / descent: 2400 m
- Maximum altitude: 1942 m
- Average altitude: 1353 m
- Minimum altitude: 878 m
- Longest ascent: 1020 m
- Longest descent: 820 m
- Time limit Finish: 10H
- Time limit Ciucaș Chalet: 4H
- Time limit Bratocea Pass: 7H
- Posts: Checkpoint (8), Water (4), Revitalization (3)
- Attention! Intermediary time limits can suffer changes depending on the weather conditions and route status. If any, changes will be communicated before the start!
- Cheia, Prahova (RO)
- Saturday, 10 Sept 2022, 9:30 AM
- GPS tracks are informative and do not replace the guidance on terrain. Both watches and other GPS devices may show errors caused by antenna sensitivity, sky coverage, radio interference etc.
|Post *||Location||Type||Alt. [m]||Dist. from the Start [km]||Dist. to the Finish [km]|
|Start||Cheia||Start||883 m||0 km||38 km|
|P1||Buzăianu Ridge||1156 m||3.7 km||34.3 km|
|P2||Zăganu sheepfold||5 km||33 km|
|P3||La Răscruce||1804 m||9 km||29 km|
|P4||Ciucaș Chalet||1613 m||12.6 km||25.4 km|
|P5||Ciucaș Peak||1954 m||14.3 km||23.7 km|
|P6||Bratocea Pass||1263 m||21.1 km||16.9 km|
|P7||Muntele Babeș||1490 m||24.7 km||13.3 km|
|P8||Neagră Valley||29.6 km||8.4 km|
|Finish||Cheia||Finish||883 m||38 km||0 km|
- Posts: - Checkpoint | - Water | - Revitalization
The exact location and numbers of checkpoints and aid stations can change, depending on the weather and/or access possibilities when marking the course. Any changes will be communicated at the technical meeting prior to the start of the race.
- The trail follows the blue marking leading to Stânii Valley, through the Buzăianu ridge.
- From the Buzăianu ridge, we climb steadily through the forest to Zăganu sheepfold (refreshment point).
- The trail continues uphill on the right side of the valley, then reaches a saddle and continues on a ridge below the cliffs of Hunter's Corner, then out onto the ridge. Once on the ridge, we pass a rocky area equipped with ropes, where we also meet members of the mountain rescue team.
- Then we climb one last slope to Gropșoarele Peak (1883 m). From the summit, we descend to La Răscruce saddle. We follow the ridge to Gropșoarele saddle and descend through the forest to Chirușca saddle, following the red cross marking.
- From here it takes us 10 minutes to reach the Ciucaș Chalet - refreshment/ feeding point. Next, we follow the red marking to the Ciucaș Peak, the highest point of the trail, 1954 m. From the summit, we descend to Tigăilor saddle and continue on the Bratocea ridge to the Bratocea pass (refreshment/feeding point).
- From the Bratocea Pass (1263m), the route continues through the forest for about 5 km following the red band, to the exit in the alpine hollow. Here we can find another checkpoint/ direction post that guides us through a steady climb up to Mount Babes (alt. 1490). We go South to the end of the ridge, then descend until the path marked with a red cross.
- Then we go downhill through the forest for about 4 km following the same marking, until we reach the Black Valley (930m) where we can find the last feeding point. From this point, after gathering the last of our strength, we turn left onto a forest road with no tourist trail marking. After about 2 km, at an abandoned refuge, we cross the water to the right and climb about 1 km till we reach the altitude of 1135 m. Here we cross the yellow marking trail. We turn left and go downhill for about 4 km until we see the first houses in Cheia.
- The forest road turns left and after about 2 km we pass by Zăganu Hotel, then continue for another 500 m until we see a bridge that crosses the Cheia river. After that, we climb steadily but briefly until we reach a path that leads us to the forest road that connects the end of the Cheia resort to DN-1A. From here, we go downhill until the asphalt road, then we continue to the right on the concrete road that goes around Cheia to the Start/ Finish point.
Partners and Sponsors:
We send you the Ciucaș X3 news on WhatsApp.
How do you subscribe?
- Save the number +40721.315.285 in your phonebook with the name CiucasX3.
- Send the message: "I want the CiucasX3 newsletter", on WhatsApp, to this number.
- From time to time, you will receive from us, the latest news, information about fees, schedule etc.
- If you are not happy with this, you can send us the message "STOP" at any time and your phone number will be deleted from our database.
Send us a message using the attached contact form, call us or send an email, and we will reply to you shortly.
Ciucaș Rock-Climbing and Tourism Club Ploiești
Monday - Friday
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Ion Luca Caragiale 21,
100015 Ploiești, Prahova